Monday, April 6, 2015

Whats Your Story Pacpix

With the 1990 year ahead post up, I imagine I might start getting a few more Whats Your Story entries coming through. After all, theres no easier way to earn 20 CAPs! Below is one that came through prior though, from one of the younger readers.  He might be a product of the late nineties, but his favourite movie is from 1984 and a few of his favourite games are from the same period. It seems retro gaming isnt just a nostalgic thing!

 
Pacpix: No need to ask where this avatar comes from!

My home country is... USA

My age is… 16

The first adventure game I played was… Scooby-Doo Show Down In Ghost Town is the one I have the most memories of.  It might have been a Putt Putt game though.

 
Theres at least one Scooby Doo game on the list, but I dont think this one is

My favourite adventure game is… I have not played very many adventure games, until I found this blog I always thought the Zelda series would be considered an adventure game.  If I had to pick one it would be Deja Vu on the NES.  I  prefer the first person perspective style of the MacVenture games compared to games like Beneath a Steel Sky. I still need to play Uninvited and Deja Vu II.

When I’m not playing games I like to… Watch the Seattle Mariners on TV or spend the day reading about video game history

 
Baseball is not very popular in Australia, but as a cricket fan I can see the appeal

I like my games in (a box, digital format)… I definitely prefer physical copies of my games.  I also collect games so I like having a physical item I can display and it is fun to look for them at pawn shops.  I buy my movies and CDs physical too. You can see my collection here: vgcollect.com/pacpix  (They have an awesome forum community too if you are interested!)

The thing I miss about old games is… I wish that the newer games were more difficult and did not hold the players hand so much.  Im not saying every game needs to be as hard as Wizardry(I just beat this finally!), but I would like a better challenge.

 
You mean this Wizardry? Thats a big achievement! Ill just be happy with my Manhunter 2 completion.

The best thing about modern games is… The graphics.  I spent hours just walking through Oblivion looking around at everything.

The one TV show I never miss is… I dont really watch a whole lot of TV except for Mariners Baseball and Seahawks Football.  I usually watch Pawn Stars every week though.

If I could see any band live it would be… I would have to go to a Weird Al/Sepultura/Katatonia/Metallica/Five Finger Death Punch/Death/Anathema/The Cars/Judas Priest/Modest Mouse/Black Sabbath/The Sword Concert :)

 
Would it be mean of me to tell you that I saw Katatonia with Opeth in Sydney a couple of weeks back?

My favourite movie is… Ghostbusters, followed closely by Kung Pow Enter the Fist and UHF

One interesting thing about me is… I can sleep through a Doom/Death metal alarm at full volume.  I also enjoy really stupid puns and antijokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment